Monday, May 18, 2009

School Visits and Summer Fun

Last week I visited several Monticello schools to talk to the kids about our upcoming summer reading program, which starts in just two weeks! I am hoping that everyone will find something to enjoy at the library this summer, whether it's the luau and other kids' activities, the Teen Book Club, or just hanging out and reading for fun (and getting prizes to do it!)

We're going to have a Library Safari, Animal Bingo, crafts, and presentations with live animals through the course of our 8-week program. Leave a comment or call the library if you are interested in learning more about the activities.

Those of you who read this also know that I read A LOT of books for kids. I am always, always reading and I usually have lots of good recommendations. I have recently finished reading all 20 of the 2010 Rebecca Caudill books, and I'm glad to talk to kids about those as well as any other book they might like to read. Note: we do not do AR testing at the library, so if you're reading something and want to take a test later, you might need to take notes or have some other kind of refresher as the next school year approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment