Thursday, November 11, 2010

Calling Manga Fans

I have expanded our Teen Graphic Novel section to include every volume of Fullmetal Alchemist I could get my hands on. This expansion prompted a young man in my Teen Book Club to declare, "Kristen, you are the Chuck Norris of librarians." That made me feel good. I kick butt!

I read the first volume and it turns out that I liked it quite a bit more than some of the other manga series I've read. It starts out right away with a couple of likable, complex main characters and a storyline I found easy to follow. This may seem basic, but I have found them lacking in many manga series I've encountered thus far (Ranma 1/2 and Azumanga Daioh occur to me as examples).

Anyway, I am thinking about adding another manga series, maybe One Piece? If you're a manga fan, weigh in on this please.

No comments:

Post a Comment