Thursday, December 2, 2010

Teen's Top Ten List 2010

YALSA (a division of ALA) has announced the Teen's Top Ten results for this year. Teens choose from a list of popular books, and the top ten are determined by vote every year. You can view the results page here. Yes, I know this post is a bit late, since the results have been up for a few weeks now. But better late than never!

Several of my favorite authors made the list. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins took first place, and Cassandra Clare and Ally Carter took 2nd and 3rd, respectively. The masterful Laurie Halse Anderson made the list, and so did Sarah Dessen. Hmm... I wonder if mostly female readers voted? I don't see any novels with male main characters. Guys, next year you need to get busy voting!

I've been trying to read the 3 books on the list I haven't read. So far I've finished If I Stay by Gayle Forman and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (though I kind of had a tough time getting through that whole thing). And today I just started trying to read Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, which took 5th place. I don't think I'll be able to get through it, though--and I read about 80 pages of it. Too much like the bad parts of Twilight! Creepy, controlling male lead and weak, indecisive female lead--blech. Who liked it, and why? Who knows, maybe you can change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment