Thursday, January 20, 2011

ALA Book Awards!

The American Library Association has announced the 2011 Newbery, Caldecott, and Printz awards, among several others like the Coretta Scott King award and the Geisel award. Congratulations to all the winners! Unfortunately, at the time the awards were announced (Jan. 10) I had not read any of the award winners, but I'm working to change that. I'm especially curious about the Newbery winner, which is Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool. I did read the Caldecott winner, which is a wonderful little picture book called A Sick Day for Amos McGee. It's really interesting to compare the artwork style found in Amos to last year's Caldecott winner, which was The Lion and the Mouse (and especially to the 2009 winner, The House in the Night). The artwork is so different!

I hope you all enjoy reading these award winners as much as I have been. Get cozy with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment