Thursday, May 12, 2011

Award Lists & School Visits

I've finished all the Rebecca Caudills and most of the Bluestems from the 2012 lists! Overall, I enjoyed them. There weren't too many depressing titles on this years' lists. I was pleasantly surprised by Wild Things and loved that Peak made the list (another Roland Smith adventure!) but my money is on The Magic Thief to win the award in the end. Speaking of winning the award, the winner from the 2011 list is The Hunger Games, which I also expected.

Next week I will be starting school visits to Monticello Christian Academy, Lincoln, Washington, White Heath, and the middle school. Watch for me, and watch for a handout I will be dropping off in the school offices. You can bring back the handout after the summer reading program starts and get a jump on your reading points, and that much closer to getting your prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment