Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Great Audiobooks

A great way to earn your summer reading prizes is to listen to audiobooks! It's a really fun way to pass time in the car (I know this from experience, since I listen to an audiobook as I drive to and from work every day). Right now I'm listening to the Bloody Jack series. The narrator, Katherine Kellgren, has won two Odyssey Award Honor titles for her work in audiobooks--and boy, does she deserve it! I have been really enjoying hearing the books. Katherine is right up there with Jim Dale, narrator of the Harry Potter books, when it comes to talent with multiple character voices, tones, and accents. Listening is a pure delight.

I also really enjoyed listening to Sara Pennypacker's Clementine and Roald Dahl's Matilda. Clementine was narrated by Jessica Almassy, who did a wonderful job, and Ron Keith's warm, dry voice was a perfect match for Roald Dahl's storytelling style.

No comments:

Post a Comment