Thursday, March 19, 2009

If you liked The City of Ember...


...you will definitely like First Light by Rebecca Stead, which is one of the 2010 Rebecca Caudill books. In First Light, a boy named Peter gets a chance to accompany his mother and father to Greenland, where his father studies ice sheets and the effects of global warming. While he is there, he discovers a settlement of people that have been living inside a huge glacier for decades, never seeing the outside world. Half the story is told from Peter's point of view and the other half is told from the point of view of Thea, a girl who lives in the underground settlement.


I've read 9 of the 20 books on the 2010 Rebecca Caudill list so far. Most of them have been ok, and a few of them have been good, but none so far have stood out to me like The Lightning Thief, which was the 2009 winner and also my favorite of the 2009s by far. I'm hoping I'll feel the same way about one of the 2010s as I did about The Lightning Thief.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this IS like City of Ember! I love City of Ember! But I can't imagine anything beating the City of Ember.... That movie/book is my life! I've never seen something like it! -Kittygirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaa, great !, I Googled "First Light" and there was nothing about a movie going to be released in 2010 ?! =S

    if it's true..

    could you tell us if it's gonna be a replica of the City of Ember's films/books ?

    it's better if it was a whole new world and a whole new story !, we want something completely new !

    I would like to watch a movie as great as City of Ember, it's like a dream =D

    anyhow, thanks =)

    ReplyDelete