Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Award Lists!

The 2012 nominee lists for the Rebecca Caudill, Bluestem, and Monarch awards are up! You can download them from here, here, and here respectively. I was really pleased to see that we had 14 of the 20 Rebecca Caudill nominees already here at the library, and I've already read 7 of them. So far, my favorite was Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan, closely followed by Jon Scieszka's Knucklehead.

The Bluestem list looks really good, too. A couple of this year's Bluestem books are also Rebecca Caudill nominees, which is interesting. So if you read Extra Credit by Andrew Clements or Knucklehead, you're ahead of the game. I was also really pleased to noticed that a graphic novel made it onto the Bluestem list: The Secret Science Alliance and the Copycat Crook by Eleanor Davis. I'm looking forward to reading that one!

And the Monarch selections are charming as always. I really liked Jim Aylesworth's version of The Mitten, and Jackie Urbanovic's story Duck at the Door. I think kids will really have fun going through these lists. Let me know what you all think of the selections!

No comments:

Post a Comment