Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gary Paulsen

Lately I've been a bit puzzled about a few of Gary Paulsen's newer books. Two of them are Lawn Boy and Lawn Boy Returns. Another is called Liar, Liar and its sequel, Flat Broke. These books are all REALLY short - ranging from 88-119 pages - which indicated that maybe they should go in our chapter book section. But as I read jacket flaps and reviews of these books, it seemed to me like they featured older characters and slightly more mature situations (a boy trying to get a girl to go out with him in Liar, Liar for example), making me think they might not be a good fit in the chapter book section. However, the problem with just tossing all of them in the Teen section is that they may not circulate very well if the kids think they look too babyish.

I'm planning on reading them before deciding for sure, but if you all have read them or have an opinion/advice, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment