Thursday, July 28, 2011

Odds & Ends

The end of summer reading is here! I hope everyone had a great Midsummer Knight's Read! Remember, turn in your reading logs by August 15 to be considered for at Top Ten Reader prize.

I will be having a storytime this Saturday, July 30 at 10 a.m. so please do stop by if you are in a listening mood.

I'll be gone on vacation next week, so there won't be any children's programs. That means there will be no Teen Book Club meeting, no Thursday morning storytime, and no Lap Time. Everything will start up again on Tuesday, Aug. 9.

Being on vacation means I'll have time to read! I have lots of books picked out, such as Mike Lupica's The Big Field, Sharon Draper's Out of My Mind, and Alex Sanchez's Getting It. I'll also be reading a few books for grown-ups like Ann Patchett's State of Wonder and Kat Richardson's Greywalker.

I'll see everyone when I get back, and I'll have more books to talk about. I hope you will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment