Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Book List And A Mystery

Horn Book has released their Best of 2011 list, which can be seen here. I agree with: Swirl by Swirl, Balloons Over Broadway, and Where's Walrus?. I'm not as enthusiastic about The Scorpio Races, Chime, and The Money We'll Save. What do you think?

I've also been trying to read more chapter book mysteries and thought I'd mention one I finished today called Floors by Patrick Carman, who is famous for his Skeleton Creek books. Floors is completely different from Skeleton Creek. It's about this boy who helps his father take care of a wacky hotel reminiscent of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. The boy, named Leo, finds a box with his name on it which contains a riddle to solve, which leads him to another box, and so on. Kids will like this one not just for the mystery and puzzle-solving, but also because the sheer inventiveness and huge scope of wackiness in the hotel is fabulous. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment