Thursday, December 1, 2011

Music for Kids

I recently listened to a few new children's CDs we purchased for the library. They were Wake Up Clarinet by Oran Etkin, Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants, and Flying! by Recess Monkey. Flying! was by far my favorite. I loved the musical style, which evoked the 90s alternative rock I grew up with. It also featured some great lyrics and song subjects, one of which was "Your Favorite Book." I also enjoyed some of the songs in Here Comes Science, especially "I Am A Paleontologist" and "Why Does the Sun Shine?" I was kind of hoping their song "Particle Man" would be included, but it wasn't.

Wake Up Clarinet wasn't bad at all, but it was very jazzy and had lots of dialogue between the songs. It might be nice for listening to as an individual or in a small group, but it would be drowned out during one of my programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment