Thursday, January 26, 2012

ALA Award Lists

ALA (the American Library Association) came out with its annual award lists on Monday. These include the Newbery medal, the Caldecott medal, and the Printz award. I have not yet read any of the winners (which are Dead End in Norvelt, A Ball for Daisy, and Where Things Come Back, respectively) but I have read a few of the honor titles such as The Scorpio Races (see, I told you my opinion was the minority one!), Grandpa Green, Me...Jane, and Inside Out & Back Again. So I'll have to get busy reading this new batch of winners. If you're interested in seeing the winners in other areas such as the Geisel award or the Coretta Scott King award, you can start here.

Have you read any of the winner or honor books? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment