Thursday, November 1, 2012

They're Here!

Remember how I posted a while back on all the cool books that were coming out this fall? Well, now lots of them are here and my to-read pile is as huge as ever! I did read the two books pictured in that post, The Mark of Athena and Let's Go for a Drive!. I also finished The Diviners, This Is Not My Hat, and Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs. I liked all of them, even though I felt a little so-so on The Diviners because it has a slow-moving plot. I also want to warn Riordan fans that The Mark of Athena is really, really good... but there is an excruciating cliffhanger at the end of it.

Right now my to-read pile includes Variant by Robison Wells, Ask the Passengers by A.S. King, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, Ruins by Orson Scott Card (yay! it's finally here!), and Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin. I also have Linwood Barclay's book The Accident and Lauren Kate's Fallen on my Kindle waiting to be read after I finish Across the Universe. Phew! And I CANNOT WAIT for Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I loved the first book, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, so much, and I've been looking forward to this sequel since last year around this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment