Thursday, January 3, 2013

Best of 2012 (My Humble Opinion)

I have 12 children's/teen books that can go on record as my favorites to be published in 2012! Those are, in order from most to least recently published:
  • Ask the Passengers by A.S. King 
  • Ungifted by Gordon Korman 
  • Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead 
  • About Average by Andrew Clements 
  • Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger 
  • Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick 
  • Partials by Dan Wells
  • Wonder by R.J. Palacio
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  • The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
 These books made it to my "favorites" list based on how much I personally enjoyed reading them, not necessarily on the basis of literary merit. However, based on what other teachers and children's librarians are saying, many of them do have strong literary merit as well and are likely being considered for the Newbery or Printz prizes.

What did you think of this year's crop of books? Do you agree or disagree with any on my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment