Thursday, March 21, 2013

I've Been Invited...

...to serve on the Rebecca Caudill Evaluator's Committee!

I can tell this is going to be a great experience, and I'm honored to have been chosen. Soon I'll get a list of books to start reading and evaluating. I can't wait to get started!

I've also put together an early literacy calendar, a great idea I got from Amy Koester, another children's librarian who writes the blog The Show Me Librarian. You can see her original post here. There are print copies available in the children's section of the library, but you can see mine here.

A lot of people don't realize that getting kids ready to read is pretty easy - something as simple as singing a song or playing a game of I Spy helps develop some of the six pre-literacy skills experts agree will help kids prepare for learning how to read once they reach school. For more information on activities you can do with toddlers and preschoolers, please visit the Kent District Library's fabulous page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment