Thursday, March 7, 2013

2014 Monarchs and Bluestems


So I've finally gotten my act together and set up displays for the 2014 Monarch books and the 2014 Bluestem books. I saw some great selections on those lists! I've only read 6 of the 20 on the Monarch list so far but I've liked all of them: The Trouble With Chickens, I Want My Hat Back, 11 Experiments That Failed, One, Swirl By Swirl, and Balloons Over Broadway.




I've read 7 of the 20 on the Bluestem list, and I was THRILLED to see Clementine on it! Clementine was a Monarch book a few years ago but I'm glad it's back in the limelight. I also liked Pie, Wonder, and of course Number the Stars quite a bit. I liked (but am slightly less enthusiastic about) Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook, Because of Winn-Dixie, and Knights of the Kitchen Table.

What did you think of the lists? Does anything stand out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment