Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rebecca Caudill Progress

So far I've read 12 of the 2014 Rebecca Caudills and I'm pleased to say that I've really been enjoying them so far! My favorites are Wonder and Okay for Now, but I also really liked Candy Bomber, A Tale Dark & Grimm, Blizzard of Glass, The Running Dream, and The Lions of Little Rock. As far as the others go (I, Emma Freke, How They Croaked, The Outcasts, The Apothecary, and Breaking Stalin's Nose) I thought they were fine, and only had a few minor issues with them.

I'm a little apprehensive about some of the titles; Ghetto Cowboy, Boys Without Names, Words in the Dust, and Bamboo People all sound like they might be extremely depressing. But I like knowing that this year at least the kids will be able to read 10 of 20 books without running into one of the super-sad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment